Vintage Postale theme cards

Inspiration comes in all forms. For me, my inspiration comes from the past. I love surrounding myself around vintage items and search out antique shops for trinkets and pieces of the past.

Some of these treasures people hold on to and do not even realize what they may have. I recently visited a trinket shop and was at the counter purchasing a candle and I happen to see a box of envelopes. I immediately knew what they were as I have seen this style of envelope often in pictures.


I started talking to the shop keeper and asked where he had gotten so many letters. He said they belonged to one of his wife's relatives and that he actually had another box full that he proceeded to pull out from under the counter.


I would have loved to purchase the whole lot, but that would have put me back a bit at $1.00 each. so I settled on two of them. I love the look and hope to try to recreate these wonderful envelopes at some point.

I used the correspondence collection of Remnant Rubs from Tim Holtz. To see how I created this card, be sure to check out my video linked  below.



I have also provided a list of some of the products I used below to create this card. Some items may be out of stock or discontinued, but hopefully this will give you inspiration and a new technique to try.

Thanks for stopping by. 

I will be sharing my project with Crafty Creations Challenge





1 comment:

  1. What an awesome card. I haven't seen envelopes like those in years. What a great find, lucky you. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...