So Suzy Steampunk Featurette - Part IV

Hi everyone!  I am back with my final post for the Steampunk Featurette. I hope that you have enjoyed all the projects and ideas I have shared and I have inspired you to make some Steampunk projects. Did you know that there is a special section just for Steampunk over at So Suzy Stamps? Well, there is, and here is the link to help you find it:   

                                                                              STEAMPUNK!


So for my final post, I thought I would do something just a bit different. Most of us are card makers. But I  have not seen a lot of posts sharing mixed media art. We would love to see some, so I hope that my post today inspires you.

I started off with a blank canvas and wrapped it with some paper I got at a local art store. I liked the print on this paper and it saved me time in having to stamp up my background. I adhered it with Mod Podge which works great!


I used my Distress stains to give the canvas background some color. No rhyme or reason just started adding color. I think that is why I like mixed media,..nothing is wrong!

As I do with my layered cards, I have all my elements out and come up with a basic design layout before I glue anything down. Once it is glued you have to live with it, so take your time to get the look you desire.


Next I added texture using Texture Paste and stencils.The two stencils I used can be found over at So Suzy Stamps and are called Mini Halftone and Mini Harlequin.  I covered the paste using Distressing Paints. I added Washi Tape to the bottom and Glued on some metal gears to the corner of my canvas.  I added another Cog to the top right hand corner to give it some balance. It worked great attached to the Vintage Balloon stamped image.


The two other stamps that I used were the Bi Plane, which I put directly in the center and Vintage Motorcycle which is on the upper left hand corner. When I used the Mini Harlequin stencil, I knew I wanted to use it as a background for the vintage motorcycle. The Black Soot distress ink makes it look like black tar and is a perfect background for this stamp.


Many of the other elements used were from the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology collection. A complete list of products I used is listed below. To make the gears look rusty, I added several different distress paints. I also added paint to the word band "live in the moment."


Well, that is the end of our journey. I sure am glad that you joined me this month for my Steampunk Featurette. If you do not currently follow me, I would love for you to become a follower! I currently have some blog candy up for grabs for my birthday celebration, so it is perfect timing. 

P.S. I have candy! Check out my 2-year Blogiversary celebration post here.

I would like to share my collage with the following challenges:


For more fun and inspiration you an follow me on FacebookTwitter &Pinterest.


2 comments:

  1. What a really cool Vintage style design!! Really love the textures, colors and images you've used for this!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a great mixed media creation, I wouldn't know where to start to create something like this. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...