Botanical Tea Box

Good morning! I am here today to share with you an altered cigar box. There is a local cigar shop that practically gives these used boxes away and I am happy to take them off his hands. I have made several and they don't stay in my Etsy shop too long.

This one is a special order for my Aunt's friend. I have one more to make, but I thought I would share this one.


 These boxes are perfect for holding Tea Bags, and they are pretty to look at as well.

I probably should have taken a picture of the before, but I am sure we have all seen cigar boxes before. Before I decorate these boxes, my husband stains them to give a more finished look.

The paper I used is from Graphic 45 and is called Botanical Tea Pad. This is the first time I trimmed the outside of my box with lace, but I think it came out pretty nice.


Here is a side view of the box. I added some pink pearls that I picked up at Michael's. The Butterfly and flower were in the same bin.



I used coordinating paper from the same paper stack to decorate the inside of my box.


Now do you see these little tea bags inside? These came to me in my email yesterday from VectoriaDesigns. I signed up for Free FLOW, which is a free subscription for crafting graphics. These were perfect to compliment my pink tea box.

Here is a close look:


These Craft Ninja bags may just be a special gift for being part of Free Flow. I didn't see these in the store, but VectoriaDesigns also has several other Designer Tea Bags. They range from Vintage Grunge to more of a Victorian style look. Here are a few that I really like:

Alice in Wonderland Tea Bag


Marie Antoinette Flower Tea Bag














If you want to sign up for Free Flow, here is the link: Free FLOW. I would also invite you to check out VectoriaDesigns. She has some fantastic digital papers and embellishments that work great for all sorts of crafting projects!

Thanks for stopping by!



For more fun and inspiration you an follow me on FacebookTwitter &Pinterest.

I would like to share my project with the following challenges:


Supplies I used



4 comments:

  1. This is just too gorgeous! I love making boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...