Capture Life's Moments!

I have been waiting ALL YEAR to use this die cut. My girlfriend gave it to me early last year and it has been sitting on my shelf attracting dust.

This die cut is from Sizzix and is called Packages & Bows. I have to remind myself that presents don't just come at Christmas time and I should be able to use this all year long! OK...Note to Self!




I used Vintage looking paper and some brads. I used my fancy scissors to cut around the edges. I though it made it look a bit more rustic. I suppose I could also tear the sides.. I will have to try that next time.


You can see that I also used distressing ink around the presents to give it an old/vintage look. Finally, I attached a word band with some twine.

I just love these vintage cards! I know I will need to make a few more of these.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:




Supplies:


Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Bigz XL Die - Christmas - Packages and BowsTim Holtz - Idea-ology Collection - Word Bands

12 comments:

  1. Too cute!!!! I totally love the vintage look of things too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you pulled together for this pretty card, Monica! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Beautiful papers and such a gorgeous stack of gifts.


    Thank you for playing along with us at Fresh Brewed Designs!

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love your paper choices and that die is so sweet, you can certainly use it all year round! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #7!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone loves presents - and these are so pretty! Love the vintage look of your card and the patterned paper you selected. Cute way to do the sentiment on that metal tag too! Fantastic card and thank you so much for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dies and this one is great! What a pretty card! I'm going to check out one of your other design team sites-12 Months Xmas Link Up Helene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your distressed frame and the sentiment is fab! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful holiday card and I love your paper choices. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty, Monica! Now wonder you could hardly wait to use this die - I love it, too! Great card! Thanks for playing in the Scrapy Land Challenge using die cuts! I hope to see more of your pretty projects in the next challenge, too! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card.Love the paper choices and vintage feel.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Monica, I love the papers you used. Your card has a vintage feel to it. Thanks for sharing. Have a Merry Christmas! Edwina Fresh Brewed Designs DT

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...