Cool finds in Portland



One of the cool things about my job is I get to go to different parts of the country. I like to check out crafts stores in the are as many of the chains have different items and different clearance racks. I always seem to find somethinmg I can use. I also like to find the local shops. Shops unique to the area. I found a great one this weekend.

The shop is called SCRAP!


It was not what I expected, but I loved it. It was kind of like a thrift store for crafters. They call it a creative reuse center for crafters. SCRAP is a non profit organization and their items are donated by local crafters in the area. Now I wasn't exactly sure what I would find, but it was awesome!  There were all kinds of resused materials for arts and crafts. Their inventory chases constantly, so you never know what you will find. Because the items are donated, their prices are very low, about one-quarter of the retail costs.

Now I was a bit overwhelmed when I arrived, but I found a few cool items. They had bins and bins of rubber stamps! that was unbelievable and lots of fun to search through.





So if you are ever in the Portland area, I highly recommend that you check this place out. You never know what you will find!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...