Halloween Book Card

Halloooo to all. I am excited to share with you a new project that I have been working on. As you may know, I have been doing a lot of traveling back and forth to Portland, which means a lot of down time at the airport. I have been watching You Tube tutorials, looking for new ideas and I found one I was very excited to try.



Surprisingly it only took me one try to get the dimensions correct, but I did have a great on line tutorial to follow. I didn't follow the tutorial exactly as that book card had more flaps, and I wanted to do a smaller version first. The overall book was very easy to create. I decided to go with a Halloween Spooky theme as I had just purchased some great Halloween designer paper and Tim Holtz Laboratorie collection that I knew would have some great paper to choose from.



Here is the front of the card. I think I will add ribbon on the next one to be able to close it. I kept the front pretty simple as I thought the paper was great and did not want to cover it too much. I did add a key to work as a knob to open up.


This is the left flap. I had a lot of fun decorating this card. I used Jolee's Boutique stickers that I purchased after Halloween last year for 75% off. Whoa...what a great deal right? I hope to do the same thing this year.

The skeleton is from the Tim Holtz paper stack collection.



When both the right and the left flap are open, this is what you see. It looks like an entrance to a spooky house to me. I thought the little pumpkin mans standing guard was a great addition.

On the inside flaps you can see that I put blank paper stock so that a hand written message can be added. I thought this might be a cute place for a picture....so many possibilities.



You open up the doors to a spider web. Pretty creepy right? Just like I hoped. I made a little pocket that I added a couple of spider tags, but one could also stick a gift card in there as well.


The tags were from the Tim Holtz collection, and went perfectly in my spider's cave.

So what do you think? Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. There are a few imperfections, but I expected that on my very first one. This is one I will keep for myself and continue to perfect. I have all sorts of ideas for this design, especially with the holidays quickly approaching.

As soon as I perfect it, I will put up a tutorial with all the dimensions, but wanted to at least give you a sneak peak. Isn't creating fun!


I would like to enter my design into the following challenges:

16 comments:

  1. Wo - it's fantastic created! I love you Halloween boooook card :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at Vandicrafts first and was really impressed. Now that I can see it close up and read about it, I'm even more impressed. Fabulous design and great images. Wonderful details. I can't wait for the tutorial as I really want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely spookyish brilliant. I love these type of card-books. A wonderful project. . Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous project !!
    and thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is pretty awesome! You did a fabulous job! :) Thank you for sharing on Vandicrafts' Artistry Challenge
    Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!! I'm blown away!!!! What a great project and just purrfect for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog - thanks for joining us and good luck!!!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Design Team Member of Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monica: Love your cute book! Thank you for joining in the fun at Simply Create Too's "Fall Challenge #70.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining in Tag Your IT challenge at Polkadoodles. Have fun and Keeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx

    http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/week-36-tag-youre-it-polkadoodles-craft.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome , thanks for joining us at tag your it challenge http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow . . . just WOW!!! What an AMAZING project!!! This card/book is just perfect for our Super Scraps Saturday challenge over at Hiding in My Craft Room. Thanks so much for joining us this week. Hope to see you join us again soon.

    Kathy - HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, oooh, ooooh. This is absolutely fabulous. I could do without the spiders of course, but that is just me. I like that you let the awesome papers speak for themselves mostly.

    Spookaliciously divine creation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fabulous!! I love it! Thanks for sharing with A Step in The Darkness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this project - every page is well done. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun, fun idea for a card!! You did an amazing job with this!! Thank you so much for joining in at Simply Create Too!! We are glad you did!!
    Taunya Butler

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...