Route 66 - Enjoy the Journey

For all my American friends out there, I hope you are enjoying President's day! It has been a great 3 day weekend. Took a nice hike today at one of the many mountain paths we have out here in Phoenix and getting ready to put my turkey in the oven.

Sounds strange? Well, we did not have Thanksgiving at our house last November, so I promised my husband a Turkey dinner and this weekend seemed like a good time to pay up on that promise. I made homemade stuffing last night and we will have homemade gravy and mashed potatoes. Not the full on Thanksgiving meal, but some of the favorites.


Here is a closer look



Well, the main reason for my post is to share a card I made this morning. I found this stamped image in my stash that I had not used and thought it would be a great male card. I wanted to do a a travel theme, so I went on line and found these great map images.  The stamp and sentiment's are from Tim Holt'z collection, twine and brads are from my stash and the card stock is from DCWV - The Rustic Stack." I use paper from this stack a lot, so much that I bought 2 of these sets when they were on sale for $6.

This was very simple and fast to put together since I had pre printed the image some time ago. I got an order for 12 birthday cards, so I need to come up with 12 different styles, all ages, male/female. I think this will work for a father or husband. So at least I have 1 down.

Well, I think I hear a Turkey calling me, so I better head out. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Ends Feb 18 - Try it on Tuesday - Travel 
Ends Feb 28 - My Sheri Crafts - Vintage Guy
Ends Feb 20 - DL Art Thankful Thursday - Vintage
Ends Feb 26 - A little bit Crafty - Man Up
Ends Feb 28 - Sandee & Amelia's Challenge - Time Machine

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic travel card. Thank you for joining us at TopT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful make card! Love the truck! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice design and colors
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #126 Vintage challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely male card! Thank you for sharing with us at SASPC!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous entry. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a great week. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...