A Special Card for A Special Friend

I am in the process of getting my Christmas cards addressed so that I can get them mailed by the weekend. I typically pick a design that I like and works for mass production and use that for my annual holiday card. But, there are a few people that I like to make special cards for. These are the people that go the extra mile for you, so you want to do something just a little extra.

I have a childhood friend that is still a friend today. We met in 5th grade and became best friends instantly. It was heartbreaking when she and her family moved and we did not go to the same Junior High or High School. While we still remained friends, we did not see each other daily, as we once did.  Well...we got older and moved on. I went to college, got married, then moved back East for a few years. We re- connected when I came back to Arizona and through Facebook have remained in contact.

When I finished this card, I knew exactly who I would be giving it to. It was made with care and has some special touches, but what I love about it, is it shows what friends will do for friends.


 It appears Eleanor needed a reindeer and Pickles stepped in to help out a friend. He sure does not seem to mind, after all, that is what friends are for.
Here is what I did:

  • Used Yellow cardstock for base of card 
  • Layered digi image on green and white sparkle paper from my stash
  • Colored image with Artist Loft Pencils and Gamsol Blending solution
  • Punched out snowflakes from silver glitter paper
  • Added green poinsettia, gems on Elanor's glasses and pearls on Pickles color
  • Add snow affect on top of houses using liquid applique
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



13 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Monica. I just love that little reindeer. Thank you for playing along at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love her colors! Scrapping Everyday Miracles is having a Christmas theme challenge, and we'd love for you to enter! http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/2013/12/christmas-theme-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your card. It is adorable. Your friend will love it I am sure. Thanks for joining in the Created With Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely I love the roofs, thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card!
    thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is lovely! great details and elements! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snow on the rooftops!! Super fun image too! Thanks for joining Created With Love Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the image you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card. I love what you did with the rooftops. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great story and such a lovely card! Thank you for playing along with us @ Fab 'n Funky this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! Love all the details. Thanks for playing with us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous job. I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card!! I love the colors!! Thanks for joining us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...