One persons Trash is a Card makers embellishment

When you need an embellishment, you probably don't go to your recycle bin. I didn't either until recently. I am finding as I make more cards, my imagination grows bigger and bigger. I find myself walking the aisle at Home depot looking at small objects and trying to think how these items would look on cards. I have to admit, Tim Holtz has been a big inspiration in this area. Many of his idea-ology embellishments do not look like your typical card embellishments. That is why I love them. Little items such as a bottle cap or soda can tab can really add dimension to your cards and create a unique look. This can be said for any types of crafting. There are so many items that can be used to create unique crafts. This is not a new concept, remember the days we use to make necklaces and art out of macaroni? Well, we are just taking it to the next level.

I made this card using a Cling Stamp from Recollections. I colored in my Santa image and matted it on black card stock. I created my Santa belt with black ribbon, black brads and a Soda Can Tab for the belt buckle.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


14 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the recycling idea. Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fab card and love the recycled soda can tab! very creative! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and adorable image Monica. Visited from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love your Santa and the soda tab! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card thanks for sharing with CWLC Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! Love the soda tab belt. When I saw your card over at Merry Monday, I immediately thought it looked like Santa with the belt. So clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re-use , recycle, reinvent ..the three Rs of our craft .
    fabulous creation .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best Reuse idea , and I love it! Perfect for a belt, nice creative thinking on your part! Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card Monica. I love the belt and buckle. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've done Santa's belt and buttons! Adorable image too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the added interest of Santa's Suit in the background of you very festive card. Nice image too. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super duper cute! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card, Monica! Love the button and belt detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute card. Love the Santa. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...